5.5.10

And here we go again.

Attempt tenhundredthousandbizzilionmillion at keeping a blog, drifting alongside the other blogs in the blogosphere.

So... you like stuff? I like stuff.

Today was mostly cool. Literally and metaphorically. This weather is stupid. So anyhows, last night I couldn't sleep so I finished reading I Am Legend, Trainspotting (you can have it back now then Aaron :P), and Fahrenheit 451. Lets hope I spelt that right. So now I feel accomplished, having read the books AND seen the films based on them. Sweet. Lets recap them here:

I AM LEGEND.
FIlm - pretty good I must say. Book - good in it's own right, not good when compared to movie. Normally I'm all for books that have films based on them, respect for the source and all that. But the Robert in the book it nothing in comparison to Will Smith. He's older, lazier, I think he's Irish (not that I'm against that!), has a big beard, and well, the ending is SO DIFFERENT. Actually most of the whole plot is different. May blog about it later, pros and cons of each version.

TRAINSPOTTING.
sex, drugs, and an accent I barely understand - what's not to love? The book was much more like WOAHAHHAHAHA than the film. Both are good though, even though the book was a bit of a difficult read at first due to my suckiness at getting accents. Loved the characters as much as I hated what they did with so much violence, drugs etc. With the film, Ewan Mcgregor is amazing anyhow, and I think he played Renton fabulously.

FAHRENHEIT 451.
Such a crazy concept, a world where books are illegal! Liked both versions a lot, liked the ending of the film better than the book though. But the book had some cool action stuff I don't think the film had - need a rewatch. But the film was directed by Truffaut, so that's cool too. Though if anyone reads it, can you tell me pleaaase what your interpretation of the Mechanical Hound is? I think I get it, but sometimes it seemed weird, what with its stingy needle thing and jumping through the air to kill people and all.

So now I'm reading some more Ray Bradbury (great writer!):
A Graveyard for Lunatics
and
The Martian Chronicles.

Think I might get into some more H.G. Wells as well, need to finish The Invisible Man and The Island of Doctor Moreau and I think the War of the Worlds radio play by Orson Welles needs another listen to soon. I listened to it so often last year, especially when doing my canvases for art.

As for music this very mo, I'm listening to Heart It Races by Dr. Dog. Sweet band. Also, it's a fabultastic cover of Heart It Races by Architecture In Helsinki.
Which brings me to the new title of this blogaroony, Do The Whirlwind. It's another AIH song, one of my faves. If you've ever seen Cloverfield, it's in there!!! So is Four Winds by Bright Eyes. I got so excited about it! 2 of my fave artists/bands were in a movie, and one of them is an aussie band! :D

Tally-ho.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to try tenhundredthousandbizzilionmillion! Though I DO think you're over exaggerating by just a LITTLE BIT don't you think?

    ReplyDelete